It's called the Push Mow parade, but I didn't see any push mowers, just a few riding mowers. LOL
It started out with some bag pipers...
Some Cleopatras
And then this lady:
I want to be friends with that woman. That was one of the funniest things I have seen in a parade. She was pulling a trailer with her mower...Her kids were in costumes, sitting on fold-out lawn chairs.It got even better though. You know you're living in the boonies when you see floats with these types of themes:::

She is so much fun to hang out with. She gets so excited. Everyone else was just standing around, not even smiling half the time!!!
If you look behind Emily, the majority of the "floats" were just trucks pulling trailers full of kids. LOL

Here's Emily sorting through her loot:
She is so much fun to hang out with. She gets so excited. Everyone else was just standing around, not even smiling half the time!!!Emily was jumping up and down, yelling "Hey!!! Throw me something!!!!"
That's how you're SUPPOSED to act at a parade!

If you look behind Emily, the majority of the "floats" were just trucks pulling trailers full of kids. LOLAnyone can join in the parade. You don't even have to sign up in advance. Just show up. There were a few people just pulling a wagon with their kids in it.
One couple was pushing a stroller with a Chihuahua in it. Yep. A Chihuahua in a tutu. Now why didn't I get a picture of that?



6 comments:
Now THAT was an awesome parade!! I dont think i have seen one quite like that!! I loved the "Cousins" float!!
that looks FUN!
Katie,
I just stopped by to say thanks for your nice comment on my blog.
You mentioned that my blog must be a good motivator to me and I had never really thought of it that way but it really is. Because I am always trying to think of new things to write about I seem to pay attention more. I feel like I notice more at church and in my life... It is a great way to log all of the spiritual things that I am learning and to share it with others. I love that I can go back and look up something I wrote previously.
Thanks again for your comment and hope you'll stop by again soon.
I love parades! Especially po- dunk goofy ones! Lucky!
What a FUN-fun parade! Looks like your daughter made out like a "bandit"! Glad the weather held up for you.
i have never experienced one of these parades. I will have to atleast once in my life time.
Post a Comment