Friday, September 19, 2008

MY week

Yesterday my Mom and I went to Cafe Du Monde for some beignets. YUM.
They are little donuts covered in powdered sugar. DELICIOUS.
I had to get a picture of my Mom's face. She had sugar all over her mouth while she was talking to me, but when I told her- instead of wiping it off, she just added some more!!! LOL

Remember my old car? SO SAD 2 say goodbye.....
But we were spending a lot more time under the hood than behind the wheel.

So we got a newer car!!! YIPPEE!!!
I love it.

I finally went to the library and got myself a card. I love books but lately I just go to book stores instead of checking them out. (Goodwill sells paperbacks 5 for 99 cents. HELLO)
Look at what I checked out:

Usually I am not into self-help books but maybe I need to help myself to a few every now and then. (hear that play on words?)

8 comments:

Keli said...

YEAH!!! a new car!! I am so jealous. :) AND...self help? are you okay??? ;)

Jillene said...

Love the new car!

Kristina P. said...

You look just like your mom, and you're both beautiful!

tiki_lady said...

yeah for the car! those are some hefty books you checked out. love the powdered sugar on mom.

Mindi said...

congrats on the sweeeeeeet new ride--way jealous!

i just about died when i saw the "cafe du monde"--we LOVED that place when we visited new orleans about 7 years ago--i think i gained 10 pounds from beignets alone. good stuff

Kelli Proctor said...

aw... I love your mom! She is the coolest! I miss Cafe Beniet (ok I know I totally spelled that wrong and butchered that word, maybe I need a beneit and fast so I can think!) This was so great!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

It's always exciting to get a newer car. Your old car sounded pretty "needy" :-) The photo of your Mom is precious. She sounds like fun to hang with. And I was looking closely at the books you got, and I saw a couple I so totally would buy myself, the Feng Shui and the Why boys Won't Talk ones.

Anonymous said...

ha ha! i love those book choices!!!!

and congrats on your CAR!!! wooo hooo!!!!