Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hurricane Diary

What do you do when you know a hurricane is coming right for you? Eat all the ice cream, cuz you know it'll be melted tomorrow. How sad!!!

"Trees in the wind"...what movie does that line come from? But pronounce it like this "TAYS IN DA WINNNNNN"

These 3 played 3 separate games of Monopoly while the power went out. One game lasted over 3 hours. Am I the only person who doesn't like Monopoly?

Day 1 of rain. We were saying "Well, that wasn't bad at all!!!" Little did we know the rain hadn't even gotten started yet.

12 comments:

Jillene said...

That is SO crazy scary! I am really glad that you are all o.k.

I have only been in a hurricane once and I was on a cruise in the Carribean. We were in Venezuela when it hit and had a really hard time getting back to the ship (it took about 10 hours). It was really scary because I was in a foreign country #1 and I was with my best friend who is a worry wort FREAK--2 strikes against me there!

You are lucky that you were surrounded by family and friends. It is nice to see you all helping each other out!

Carol said...

I am glad that you guys are all safe. I am glad that I don't have to worry about that sort of weather, but we do have snow, lots of it at times, so I guess there is always a trade off...ya know. Glad that u are all in good hands. :)

tiki_lady said...

OOOHH I KNOW I KNOW!!!

IT's NELL!!! WE sound like her often. Others look at us like we are crazy. HA! we are!!

I feel ya on monopoly!! I do not play it. i don't like it and I have no reason why.

Jan said...

You were really hit hard. I had no idea that you have been going through so much. Glad you are okay.

Anonymous said...

wow.....you guys are really going through a lot!! i hope everything gets better from here on out!!!!

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!!!!

Kelli Proctor said...

WOW! You guys are survivors! I always worry about you guys down there when those storms hit! I am so glad all you guys are ok and safe! It looked like it was about as fun as it could be, hanging out with the family and eating icecream is always a great thing! Have a wonderful day!

Tara Trythall said...

Katie, I am laughing so hard, I can't breathe! When I read the "trees in the wind", I completely lost it!! Ha ha! I can't believe all of the flooding y'all have had! That's crazy! Do you need anything?

Anonymous said...

Katie---i might be going private...and i would love toadd you to my list when i get it up & going....will you email me? my email address is on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

p.s. i don't like monopoly either! i always lose!!!!!

Randi said...

You had me at Monopoly. And then Monopoly for THREE HOURS - - well, that's just too much hardship for anybody. Where was the FEMA response team? Nobody should ever have to do that.
;)

Yeah, I hate that game.
(glad you're ok, though!)

And thanks for popping by my blog today. It's always fun to meet a new friend!!

Mandy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. It would be totally scary to be by a hurricane! Good luck! Thanks for the well wishes on getting pregnant.

I'm Always Rite said...

I hate Monopoly!!!!!