Wednesday, July 9, 2008

snakes at the creek

So yeah, we were down at the creek and we saw 2 snakes. I do not like snakes but we have become a lot more accepting of them lately. Hey, as long as they stay away from us, we will allow them to live. Here Emily was trying to catch minnows with that bag. LOL... She has been begging me for a pet fish so last night I went to Walmart and bought one of those pretty little red bettas. She loves it. Here's Julian with a boogie board. he loves to ride it down stream.
Julian and his friend had a blast at the creek, that's for sure. Running from snakes is a grand adventure for them. The first one we saw was really small and brown. It got carried down stream so I wasn't worried about it. They can't swim against that current...
but then later we saw another one on the rocks of the dam. It was orange and white patterned. YUCK. It came out and stood up, looking around at us. I was like "Okay time to go!"
Then these 3 teenager boys decided to try to kill it by throwing huge stones at it. But I never saw the actual body so I think it got away. I was OUTTA there.

1 comment:

tiki_lady said...

At first, I thought she was trying to catch a snake. LOL, and dang that boy shaved all of his hair off.