Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cade's Cove

Cade's Cove was definitely the highlight of our whole trip. This has got to be one of the most beautiful places in the whole world. We can't wait to go back. There were so many old, historical buildings to explore and read about. We got to learn all about the first settlers in the Smoky mountains. There's a camp ground there too, so we set up our tent then took off to look around.
There was a long road that you could just drive down and see the animals within arms' length!! We saw wild deer and turkey and even a black bear cub...but by the time we saw the cub it was getting dark and I couldn't get a good picture of him. He was up in a tree. He was so darn cute. There were SEVERAL old buildings right off of the road too, so you could park and go inside of them.

3 comments:

tiki_lady said...

Another lady on my blog went to this place too. How much is it? where is it? We may just have to head here as well. It looks like you guys had a great time!

tiki_lady said...

I can't believe how close that deer is to you! Beautiful picture. I love your retreat that you had with your family.

I'm Always Rite said...

Okay, where exactly is this? We're so ther on our next roadtrip. I ove all the amazing photos!