Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer 2009

There's a new "spray park" by our local playground! The kids love going there and running through the water. It's hot as heck for me, but they're happy. I just find a shady spot under a tree and read a book...once I thought I'd just stick my foot in the water and a huge blast of water shot me in the backside.
There's a snow ball stand with a play area for LITTLE kids...but that doesn't stop Julian and Emily. LOL...We kept Madie and Hayden for a week while Keli went to Girls' Camp. She was the camp director or something. Our 4 kids got along for about 2 and 1/2 days...and I had them for 6 days....so that was interesting!!! But they love each other.

OH- see the dog in this picture? Poor thing. So this lady was giving him away on Craigslist. His name was Rosco and he was a dachsund mix. Well, we had him for like 2-3 weeks. He bit Annie in the face (our other dog- see how depressed she looks in the picture?) and then he bit my little 7-year-old cousin. I brought him to the pound as soon as that happened. It was sad.
Me and Carrie love taking our friend Patty out on "girls' days out"...but since school let out we haven't been able to. I'm pretty excited for school to start back up next week, but I am going to start subbing again too. HOWEVER, I will definitely take some days off...I love going to the temple and spending time with my sisters and my Mom during the school year.
That would be Julian and Hunter enjoying one of my Mom's AWESOME country meals out at the camp. All of the veggies came from the garden- potatoes, squash, purple hull peas, butter beans, okra...and then she made some fried chicken to top it off. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven.
Me, Madie, Ella, and Robyn picking peas. OH, and Annie...she's so sweet!
There we are shelling the peas. That's my favorite part. See that huge tub of peas? We filled at least 2-3 of those. Robyn and I stayed up til 2am shelling. Everyone else gave up and went to bed, but we weren't going to stop until every one of those peas was shelled!! Our thumbs were ACHING. LOL
Emily helped me wash my car in the driveway one day...I went inside and when I came back out I found that she had made a little "pool" for herself. LOL...I laughed so hard.
My Mom gave Emily a Haircut!!! She did a really good job too. I might ask her to give me one soon. My hair has gotten soooo long and heavy.

Soooooo.....one of my blog buddies (Kristina) emailed me and asked if I had died. LOL
Nope. I'm still kickin'.
This summer has flown by.
Let's see- what's new?
Well, I was called as our ward's Primary president which threw me for a loop!
It's a lot of fun, and I have been trying hard to be worthy of such a great responsibility.
I started an Ebay business and became practically obsessed with it...I have pretty much put that on the back burner though. It was taking over my life. I spent at least 50 hours a week doing it, probably more! I made about $1200 in 60 days too...so I was hooked.
We spent some time in Mississippi at the camp...
And we just went on a trip to Nauvoo, Illinois. My Dad treated our family to that vacation! It was so awesome. I am so happy that my children got to experience that. I have been so fortunate- that was my 4th visit to Nauvoo. And I'd love to go back! It's just wonderful.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You have been so busy! Good for you!

What kind of things do you sell on eBay? That's quite the profit.

Oh, and I'm glad you aren't dead. :)

Danelle and Clint said...

Finally a new post. Even though I talk to you all the time I still love reading your blog and seeing your precious family pictures.

Keli said...

love your blogs!!!! :)

Tara Trythall said...

YAY - you're back! It looks like y'all have had a great summer. I love the pictures of the camp.

Lynn said...

Glad to see your still kicking and having a blast with life! Your Nauvoo trip looked like a blast and what a blessing to go as a whole family!